Who has tried plant-based medicine? Many pharmaceutical medications used today were developed based on traditional remedies using plants. True story! This powerful herb has antibiotic, antifungal, antibacterial, antioxidant, antiinflammatory and antiviral properties. That's a lot of properties.
- Oregano oil is a botanical that is used for a variety of conditions when taken internally.
- Respiratory tract disorders (coughs, asthma, and bronchitis)
- Gut disorders (heartburn, bloating, and to treat small intestinal bacterial overgrowth otherwise known as SIBO)
- Urinary tract disorders
- Oregano oil can also be applied topically for skin conditions.
- Oily skin
- Bug bites
- Insect repellent
- It also may help with stubborn toenail fungus.
- Oregano oil may fight against antibiotic resistance because it can be used as a natural one.
You may want to use oregano oil in a diluted form. It's very strong in its pure form, and can be irritating to the skin and mucous membranes.
Before starting any type of treatment, it's always best to discuss it with your healthcare provider and/or clinical nutritionist to see if it's right for you. Even though the treatment may be natural, it can still have side effects and interactions.