Greens on greens! Green foods are superfoods, and there's good reason for this. There are great sources of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants (and more). Here are 5 reasons to eat them.
- Leafy greens contain vitamin K, important for bone health and blood clotting.
- Greens (like spinach and broccoli for example, among others) are good sources of vitamins C, A and E, antioxidant vitamins.
- Vegetables, green and other colors for that matter, are good sources of fiber, which is important for proper digestion and detoxification.
- Greens are a source of B vitamins, important for the production of energy. That means they help convert the food you eat into fuel your body can use!
- This next one might surprise you. They contain calcium. You likely can't eat enough greens in a day to get in the recommended amount of calcium, but it helps contribute.
What are your favorite green foods?