Looking for qualtiy, professional supplements? You can purchase them through my Wellevate℠ dispensary, my Metagenics® online store, my Thorne Research Patient Express account (using my referral code HCP1170732), and through my Fullscript™ dispensary. I also carry MegaSporeBiotic (a personal favorite of mine), and other Microbiome Labs products (contact me for details and to place an order).
Looking for products for healthy skin? Did you know your skin has a microbiome like your gut does? If you suffer from skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis (among others), addressing your skin microbiome in addition to your gut microbiome could help bring you some relief. Mother Dirt is my go-to product line for a healthy skin microbiome. You'll also want to stock your kitchen and pantry with foods that contain skin health boosting nutrients.
Want to know what's in my supplement toolbox? Supplementary measures are either essential (many of us are deficient), or adjunctive to good health (give us an added boost). There are foundational nutrient supplements that can help optimize our health, including:
- A high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement such as Pure Encapsulations ONE Multivitamin (contains 2,000IU of vitamin D as well), or PhytoMulti from Metagenics (also contains concentrated extracts, antioxidant nutrients and other phytonutrients, which have important roles in maintaining DNA)
- Extra antioxidant nutrients, like those found in Integrative Therapeutics - Clinical Nutrients AOX, or in Metagenics PhytoMulti as noted above
- A high quality fish oil product that provides 1,000mg EPA + DHA per day like OmegaGenics® EPA-DHA 1000 from Metagenics (Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids)
- Enough vitamin D3 to raise blood levels to the optimal range. Optimum range should be about 75nmol/L (get your levels checked and supplement accordingly).
- Typically 2,000 to 4,000IU per day
- Probiotics like Klaire Labs - Ther-Biotic Complete Probiotic
- A multi-strain (lactobacillus and bifidobacterim), it should contain 5 to 20 billion live organisms
- I also keep curcumin (turmeric) in my toolbox. It is a powerful, and natural anti-inflammatory. It helps significantly for me with joint pain. Integrative Therapeutics - TheracurminÂ® HP - Bioavailable Curcumin - Supports Pain Relief, Detoxification, & Cheomtactic Response.
These are the foundational supplements in my toolbox. There are of course other brands available as well, and I do not endorse one brand over another. Make sure to purchase quality supplements from reputable companies. You can search for these supplements in my Fullscript™ dispensary (and you can create your own account for free).
These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
You should always consult your physician or other healthcare provider before changing your diet, taking supplements, starting an exercise, or beginning any health treatment program.