Want to know what's in my supplement toolbox? Supplementary measures are either essential (many of us are deficient), or adjunctive to good health (give us an added boost). There are foundational nutrient supplements that can help optimize our health, including:
- A high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement
- Extra antioxidant nutrients
- A high quality fish oil product that provides 1,000mg EPA + DHA per day
- Enough vitamin D3 to raise blood levels to the optimal range
- Typically 2,000 to 4,000IU per day
- The definition of optimal range varies by lab (and by opinion), however it is noted to be 30 to 100 ng/mL
- A multi-strain (lactobacillus and bifidobacterim), it should contain 5 to 20 billion live organisms
These are the foundational supplements in my toolbox. You can purchase them by following the links below on Amazon. These are some of my favorites, there are of course other brands available as well, and I do not endorse one brand over another. Make sure to purchase quality supplements from reputable companies.
Pure Encapsulations - ONE Multivitamin (contains 2,000IU of vitamin D as well)
Integrative Therapeutics - Clinical Nutrients - AOX - (Antioxidant Nutrients)
Nordic Naturals - Ultimate Omega (Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids)
DaVinci Labs - Mega Probiotic - ND
I also keep curcumin (turmeric) in my toolbox. It is a powerful, and natural anti-inflammatory.
Integrative Therapeutics - TheracurminÂ® HP - Bioavailable Curcumin - Supports Pain Relief, Detoxification, & Cheomtactic Response