Looking for quality, professional grade supplements? You can purchase them through:
- Metagenics® online store
- Thorne Research Patient Express (using my referral code HCP1170732)
- Microbiome Labs, makers of MegaSporeBiotic (enter my patient direct code JCBN)
- Xymogen Patient Direct (contact me for a referral code to place your order)
- Drucker Labs, makers of all-in-one liquid nutritional supplements for adults and children (use my patient access code BRA8485), and you can purchase IntraMAX for $80, IntraKID $70 and IntraMIN $65 with FREE shipping when you apply the PERK1 code to your order
Looking for products for healthy skin? Did you know your skin has a microbiome like your gut does? If you suffer from skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis (among others), addressing your skin microbiome in addition to your gut microbiome could help bring you some relief.
- Mother Dirt is one of my go-to product lines for a healthy skin microbiome.
- MegaSporeBiotic probiotics, not only taken orally, but also applied topically to the skin (mixed in moisturizing creams like shea butter), can be soothing for skin conditions like eczema. To access MegaSporeBiotic probiotic, you will need to register as a patient and then use my personal access code because it is only available through a qualified practitioner. When you register, use the patient direct code JCBN to get your MegaSporeBiotic probiotics.
- There are some other skin hacks in my toolbox, and some come from my kitchen!
- Facial skin toner
- Apple cider vinegar diluted with filtered or distilled water (in a jar/container mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water, you may need to adjust the quantities, everyone is different)
- Remedy for super dry skin, including the dryness that comes along with eczema
- All over body moisturizer, face included (avoid the eyes)
- Coconut oil (look for organic virgin), it could cause allergies in some people, so patch test before using it extensively
- Facial skin toner
Want to know what else is in my supplement toolbox? Supplementary measures are either essential (many of us are deficient), or adjunctive to good health (give us an added boost). There are foundational nutrient supplements that can help optimize our health, including:
- A high quality multivitamin and mineral supplement such as Pure Encapsulations ONE Multivitamin (contains 2,000IU of vitamin D as well), or PhytoMulti from Metagenics (also contains concentrated extracts, antioxidant nutrients and other phytonutrients, which have important roles in maintaining DNA)
- Extra antioxidant nutrients, like those found in Integrative Therapeutics - Clinical Nutrients AOX, or in Metagenics PhytoMulti as noted above
- A high quality fish oil product that provides 1,000mg EPA + DHA per day like OmegaGenics® EPA-DHA 1000 from Metagenics (Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids)
- Enough vitamin D3 to raise blood levels to the optimal range. Optimum range should be about 75nmol/L (get your levels checked and supplement accordingly).
- Typically 2,000 to 4,000IU per day
- Probiotics like Klaire Labs - Ther-Biotic Complete Probiotic
- A multi-strain (lactobacillus and bifidobacterim), it should contain 5 to 20 billion live organisms
- I also keep curcumin (turmeric) in my toolbox. It is a powerful, and natural anti-inflammatory. It helps significantly for me with joint pain. Integrative Therapeutics - TheracurminÂ® HP - Bioavailable Curcumin - Supports Pain Relief, Detoxification, & Cheomtactic Response.
These are the foundational supplements in my toolbox. There are of course other brands available as well, and I do not endorse one brand over another. Make sure to purchase quality supplements from reputable companies. You can search for these supplements in my Fullscript™ dispensary (and you can create your own account for free).
These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
You should always consult your physician or other healthcare provider before changing your diet, taking supplements, starting an exercise, or beginning any health treatment program.
When you purchase a product through any affiliate link, we do make a small commission on the referral, which helps support our content creation. So if you decide to give a product a try, many thanks!