The Best Mayo Ever - JCB Homemade Mayonnaise
- One whole egg
- ¾ cup – 1 cup oil (less oil makes it thicker), I like avocado oil best for this purpose, it's neutral tasting and a healthy fat
- Add ins (optional)
- Garlic (1-3 cloves, or more depending on how much you like garlic)
- I add in a few shakes of hot sauce (Cholula is my go-to)
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt (tastes better with a little salt especially if not using vinegar)
- Put the egg, and any of the add ins into your blender or food processor.
- Turn on the machine to let the egg and other ingredients mix, and garlic chop up if applicable.
- Drizzle the oil in while the machine is running. This is the make it or break it step, you may want to watch a YouTube video to observe the technique (highly recommended). FYI, it took me more than a few iterations to get it down.
Use it as you would any mayonnaise! I use it most often as a salad dressing or dip when the add ins are included.
Store in the fridge for up to a week.