Time Saving Tips For Staying on Track With Your New Diet Plan
One of the biggest challenges to making changes to your diet and sticking to your new plan is the time it takes to prepare good-for-you meals and healthy snacks.
Here are some tips to help you save time and stay on track!
- Chop vegetables ahead of time, place in containers or bags so you can grab them on the go as snacks, or throw together a quick salad
- Have a favorite vinegar on hand (balsamic, rice vinegar, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon or lime) and healthy oil (extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil) to make a quick dressing for salads
- Add vegetables and the dressing to a container (even a large zip lock bag), shake to mix, and eat
- Great for a quick on the go salad, and you can take it to work for lunch or a snack
- Add hardboiled egg, chicken, nuts, or any other protein of choice to make it a meal
- Invest in a crock-pot or instant-pot
- Recipes are available everywhere, throw in your ingredients before you leave for work in the morning, turn on the machine, and when you arrive home, you’ll have a hot, home cooked meal waiting for you
- Leftovers can be taken to work with you the next day for lunch
- Shop online for groceries, there are a variety of options for this nowadays
- Cook in large batches, divide food into smaller containers or freezer bags, and freeze to enjoy throughout the week, or to take with you to work
- Cook with friends, and take turns making meals together to increase the fun factor and turn the work of cooking into a fun and social activity
- Purchase pre-made meals, Blue Apron and Freshly are examples of companies that deliver fresh ingredients to your door on a weekly basis, and you can search for more such companies in your area online**
- Many deliver precooked meals, and also cater to special dietary needs
Need more assistance or have questions? Contact me today!
*Adapted from the Bioindividual Nutrition Institute
**This is not an endorsement for any particular company, these are simply examples of companies that provide meal services